My writing talents, or lack thereof, limit my ability to express my affection for these burritos. I don't know if I'm just hard-wired for sweet potatoes & spices or whether I'm just obsessed with these little pockets of wonderful. The only words that come to mind are creamy, spicy and splendiferous-ness. They're also a good place to stuff your left over sweet potatoes.
Here's what you'll need for 4 burritos:
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked or microwaved until fork tender
- Flour tortillas, 4 - warmed in the oven or microwave
- cilantro, small bunch
- black beans, 1 can
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Hot sauce, 2-3 shakes. (We love Outerlimits Jalepeno & Lime)
- olive oil, approx. 2 tbsp
- salt & pepper
- Lime, slices for squeeze & garnish
- salsa or pico de gallo (see our "Not so Naughty Nachos" post for perfect, but easy pico)
For the beans: Heat a skillet over medium heat, add a swirl of olive oil. Add beans and 1 glove of crushed garlic. Add cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mush with a potato masher (or just your fork) until chunky. Add water to gain a creamy consistency. Heat for 5-8 minutes.
To assemble the burritos:
Spread about 2 tbsp. of sweet potato on each tortilla. Add about 2 tbsp. of bean mixture. Top with cilantro, squeeze of lime and salsa or pico, if you'd like.
xo & a pinch