Summer 7 Deadly Sips
Theres nothing like a summertime backyard BBQ. Spaghetti strap dresses, hot dogs grilling, kids running around with Pop-ice streaked arms. Yes, we really class it up! But it gets even better when we carry out the star of the show. This punch is the sweet, cool, refreshing beauty queen that all partygoers gravitate towards.
Every time we serve this punch- every time- I get tons of requests for the recipe. So here it is, by popular demand- our first of summer's seven deadly sips!
Please know- One can hardly call this a recipe.
In a large bowl add:
- 1/2 bag of ice from the liquor store (cubes, a must)
- Meyers Rum (1/2 bottle or pour and count to 15... "one Mississippi two mississippi... I'm not kidding)
- Malibu Rum (1/2 bottle or pour and count 15 Mississippis)
- 1 can of Dole pineapple juice
- 3 cups of orange juice
- grenadine syrup - a few drops and stir until you get your happy color.
- cubed fresh pineapple, frozen ahead of time
- cherries, fresh or maraschino
- nutmeg - a sprinkle on top...and then add more rum (kidding, or not)
Enjoy responsibly and have a sweet summer!
xo and a pinch,