Mac's Margarita- It Gives You Wings!
Have you ever had a fighter pilot make your margarita? Thats what we've got going on here every weekend with McSweeney. He's annoyed as he reads this, but too bad.
This is one of his signature cocktails and, I think, our most favorite!
Mac's fresh squeezed Margarita.
Here's what you'll need for just one margarita (which he has never made...like ever)
- Patron Silver Tequila, 2 oz
- Cointreau, 1 oz
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice, 1/2 oz (limes should be smooth with a little yellow on the skin...they're the juicy ones!)
- Agave nectar, 1/2 teaspoon (don't add too much)
- Water, 1 oz (optional...if you really like tequila, skip the water)
- ice cubes (liquor store small cubes - a must have)
- Salt (optional)
For margaritas our tequila preference is Patron Silver but any good silver tequila will work. We love Reposado, but that's better for sipping!
Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it up and pour into a cocktail glass full of ice!
Drag a lime wedge around the edge of the glass then drop it in your drink.
For those who like a salted rim you can drag a lime around the edge of the glass then dip in salt. This is too much work for us.
Enjoy...and Happy National Tequila Day!
Have a great weekend!
Measure & Pinch