Baby peppers inspire me. I find myself thinking about them a lot! Is that weird? yes.
Months ago, I made a similar recipe to this one, but with an Italian twist; cannellini beans and bruschetta topping. I posted it on Facebook and got lots of nice comments and "likes." I couldnt help but wonder whether my friends were loving these cute baby peppers as much as I do and I wondered, of course- what are they doing with them?! Tell us!
Also wondering...Did baby peppers inspire the creation and social media sharing of Measure & Pinch? quite possibly.
Have I turned into one of those people that answers my own questions? clearly.
Here's what you'll need for 15-20 pepper appetizers:
- Approximately 1 cup "Regret- Free Re-fried Beans" See, recipe below.
- 1 can of red beans, 15 oz, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne peppers
- 1 bag baby peppers, rinsed and halved
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 can jalepenos or one fresh jalepeno, sliced
Regret-Free Re-Fried Beans:
Combine beans, minced garlic and spices in a large skillet. Heat on medium until the garlic is fragrant and the beans soften. Mash beans with a potato masher until chunky. Add water as you mash to get a smooth consistency. Add salt & pepper and stir. Heat 5-8 minutes.
For the Stuffed Peppers:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice each baby pepper in half length-wise, remove ribs and seeds. Toss all of the halves together with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper. Place on baking sheet, spacing the pepper halves apart and placing skin-side down.
3. Bake for 5-8 minutes. Let cool. Pat excess liquid with a paper towel, if necessary
4. Spoon Healthy Re-Fried Beans into each pepper half, top with shredded cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
5. Garnish with sour cream, a slice of jalepeno and a cilantro. Enjoy!
What are you doing with your baby peppers?
Also- Have you ever tried to take a good picture of re-fried beans??! impossible.
xo & a pinch,