Did you ever make something that you wish you didnt because it was too delicious and you wanted to eat ALL OF IT in one sitting?
So, I made these sweet, cinnamon-y crumb-covered things. I tasted one, then two... then....
Fast forward to 1 AM, and I'm up, in the kitchen standing over these crumb things (rather, whats left of them), cursing them. WHY DID I MAKE THESE? [explicatives intentionally omitted]
I'm sharing this recipe, but warning you. Please make them for a party or to share over the holidays. If you're home alone with them, you'll eat them all and then curse me from your flywheel.
Here's what you'll need:
- 4 cups of chopped pears (any variety) and blueberries, combined
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- lemon juice, 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- baking spray
- powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine fruit, cornstarch, vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
3. In another large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats, melted butter.
4. On a large cookie sheet, lay out a sheet of parchment paper and spray with baking spray. Take half of the oat mixture and pat down into a thin layer (about 1/2 inch).
5. Add fruit mixture spreading out over the oat layer.
6. Add the remaining oat mixture on top, covering the fruit layer.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
Slice into squares and try to control yourself.
Don't be mad.
xo & a pinch