I love it when you're at the Farmer's Market and something looks so good that you can't walk by without buying it!
Pinch (Kelly) and I were at the market last weekend and delicious inspiration was everywhere! Fall is coming!!!
Anyway, these little figs jumped into our basket! Seriously, there was no walking by them. We agreed that prosciutto had to be involved but, we'd play the rest by ear when we got home.
We sliced these beauties in half and gave them a taste, we agreed roasting was the next step. Most of the time when you have prosciutto and figs together you wrap them and grill or roast them, not us- too much work! We roasted the figs with a drizzle of balsamic and went with the "deconstructed" roasted fig, thanks to Pinch.
About one cup of arugula placed on a plate, top with 10-12 slices of prosciutto. Take the roasted figs with drizzle in a bowl, toss with cheese and pistachios. Place in the center of the plate.
- 1 cup arugula, dressed lightly with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic
- 10-12 pieces of prosciutto
- 1/4 cup of gorganzola, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of shelled pistachios
- 5-6 halved figs, tossed with a little olive oil, salt & pepper and roasted in a 350 oven for 8-10 minutes.