The crowd-pleaser award goes to.... the Bacon-Wrapped Date!
This is hands-down the easiest, best, 2 ingredient, sweet & spicy, warm, fall-like little bite that everyone loves. Well, everyone that enjoys bacon wrapped around a sweet, chewy little morsel of heaven.
Here's what you'll need for a dozen:
- 12 pitted dates. (if they aren't pitted, just slice open and remove pit)
- 6 slices of bacon, each slice cut in half.
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
2. Wrap each date with a 1/2 slice of bacon. Place on foil-lined pan with the seam of the bacon on the bottom.
3. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until bacon is crisp.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. The sweet chewy date will be delicious, but scorching hot!
Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can also prepare these ahead and keep covered with foil until you are ready to bake.
These are a scrumptious bite with pre-dinner cocktails or bubbles!
Cheers! Happy Holidays!
Measure & Pinch