Spring is being really shy this year, but I'm still having a spring fling. Its still dreary, drizzly and chilly here, but I need few excuses to eat cauliflower soup. As weird as it sounds, I can not resist a cauliflower soup. I'm hooked and not at all shy about it.
This soup is practically "free" if your tracking on weight watchers, but if you're looking for something warm, satisfying, good for you and crush-worthy. Here you go:
- I onion, chopped
- garlic, 2-3 cloves, chopped
- olive oil, 2 tbsp
- cauliflower, 1 large head, chopped
- vegetable broth, 32 oz.
- broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces (frozen works too)
- salt & pepper
- cheddar cheese, 1 cup shredded plus more for topping (we used white cheddar)
1. Over medium high heat, add olive oil to a Dutch oven or large soup pot. Add garlic and onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until onions are softened.
2. Add cauliflower, vegetable stock to pot. Season with salt & pepper. Let pot come to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 25 minutes, when all vegetables are softened. Taste to adjust salt & pepper.
3. If you are using a blender, let the soup cool completely. Then, in batches, blend mixture until smooth with some small chunks (if desired).
4. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth or your desired consistency.
5. Heat soup to a simmer over medium heat (if you let cool before blending). Now, add broccoli (frozen or fresh) to the creamed soup and let cook 5-8 minutes. Lastly, stir in shredded cheddar. When its melted through, its ready to eat.
So, about this weather...
xo & a pinch,