Here's something I thought I'd never say:
"There's nothing like a warm bowl of chili in the middle of spring"
We are officially unfriending Miss Mother Nature. That's all I'm saying.
In the meantime, we'll be enjoying this delicious chili, under our cozy blankets...waiting.
Here's what you'll need:
- about 2 lbs sirloin, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- olive oil, 2 tbsp
- black beans, 15 oz can, rinsed
- kidney beans, 15 oz can, rinsed
- crushed tomatoes, 2 28 oz cans
- beef stock, 2 cups
- beer, 1 bottle, any brand
- cumin, 1 tbsp
- chili powder, 2 tbsp
- cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp
- salt & pepper
- cilantro, shredded cheddar, sour cream for garnish
What you'll do:
1. Over medium high heat in a skillet, heat olive oil. Add meat and season with salt and pepper. Brown the meat on all sides, 5-8 minutes.
2. Pour meat into the slow cooker. Add all chopped vegetables, beans, spices, beer and beef stock. Stir all ingredients. Set on low for 8 hours.
Top with shredded cheddar, cilantro or sour cream.
Its warm, fragrant and spicy, just like spring should be. Still waiting...
xo & a pinch