Kelly's nephew, Joseph is our Guest Bartender today! Joseph loves to shake up a good cocktail and this one is worth sharing. Its refreshing with a little zing! We love it.
This recipe is a twist on the original Gin Rickey (2 parts Gin, 1/2 part lime juice and club soda). The addition of cucumbers and fresh mint make this a cool and refreshing drink for when the weather gets warm. Instead of club soda we use Ginger Beer, Ginger Ale's assertive older brother, to add a spicy kick.
Shaker, Muddler or wooden spoon, and a Pint Glass
Ingredients for two drinks:
- 4 Parts* Gin
- 1 Part Lime Juice
- 6 Slices of Cucumber (plus 2 more for garnish)
- Handful of Fresh Mint Leaves
- Ginger Beer
* A part is an equal portion of a drink recipe, for this recipe I used the larger end of a jigger (1 1/4 oz) so 4 parts Gin would equal 5 oz. You can use shot glasses (1 1/2 oz) or single ounces as long it's consistent.
1. Add mint, cucumber (reserve a few for garnish), and lime juice to a shaker.
2. Muddle ingredients until thoroughly crushed.
3. Add gin and then ice to above the level of liquid and shake vigorously for about ten seconds.
4. Strain into pint glass full of ice cubes, top with ginger beer, and garnish with cucumber and some mint leaves.