Ok, so its cauliflower. You know I love skinny-food trickery and cauliflower is my best partner in crime. I promise, when you're eating this, you'll think its potato soup. Its creamy, hearty and when its topped with the usual baked potato bits, you'll find yourself high-fiving "I can eat this whole thing?!" Yes. Its cauliflower. Ok, there's one potato in there.
Here's what you'll need:
- potatoes, 2 small or 1 large, roughly chopped
- cauliflower, 1 large head, chopped
- vegetable or chicken broth, 1 cup, but you may use less
- salt & pepper
- cheddar, shredded for topping
- bacon, cooked & chopped for topping
- chives or scallions, chopped for topping
- sour cream, dollop for topping, if you wish
1. In a large pot over high heat, add the cauliflower & potato. Cover with water and add about a tsp of salt. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are fork tender. Drain in a colander and return to the pot.
2. If you are using a blender or food processor, let the cauliflower cool completely. Then, in batches, blend mixture until smooth. If using an immersion blender, blend until smooth or your desired consistency. Return the pureed cauliflower to the large pot.
3. Over medium heat, stir while adding broth until you get your desired consistency. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Ladle into bowls and garnish with bacon, cheese & scallions.
What's your favorite cauliflower recipe?
xo & a pinch,