I never believe it when people say "I'm too hot to eat!" How could that be true? Ok, maybe some days are too hot for meatballs and Chianti but... well, is that even true?
Now, "I'm too hot to cook" I get. Hanging over the grill or the stovetop is not ideal during a heat wave. This little chiller resolves that issue. It also answers the old summer time question of "what do I do with all of this corn and basil?" Its delicious and satisfying too.
Heres what you'll need for 4 small bowls:
- 4 ears of corn, cooked (we roasted ours, but boiled is just fine)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk (fat content, your choice... we use whole organic milk)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- salt & pepper
- olive oil, for garnish
Equipment: Standard Blender or Immersion Blender
Here's what you'll do:
1. In a large bowl, combine the kernels from THREE ears of corn, (reserve the kernels from one ear for later), lime juice, minced garlic, milk, chopped basil, salt & pepper (about 1/4 tsp each).
2. Blend everything together until you achieve your desired consistency. Add more milk if you wish. Taste for proper seasoning.
3. Once youre finished blending, stir in the kernels from the last ear of corn. Chill for at least an hour before serving. Ladle into bowls and garnish with basil and olive oil.
xo & a pinch,