I'm not the best baker. Actually, I may be an incredible baker, I just rarely do it. I'm a food person. Usually the excitement of dinner preparation leaves me without much ambition for cake, and you know, there's that whole "measuring" thing that I don't do so well. Dessert at my house is usually fruit or ice cream or a little of both... Oh, and liquor. Also, when its cold outside, don't you just love a hint of the tropics inside?
The ingredients are easy:
What you'll need:
- loaf of pound cake
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1-3 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Dark Rum, about 1/4 cup
into the pan:
- On medium -high add butter, pineapple and brown sugar. Heat until warmed through, sugar melted and butter bubbling.
- Add the rum, careful- stand back- it may be dramatic.! and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the pound cake into slices and spoon pineapple mixture (2-3 pieces of pineapple) onto each slice.
- top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
xo & a pinch,