We make this salad or something resembling this salad almost every weekend in the summer. Its vibrant, delicious and versatile. We sometimes use cavatappi or spiral pasta. We sometimes add peas or green beans, but the base is always the same.; pasta, arugula, parmesan and a lemon- Dijon dressing. Its a crowd-pleaser. There is something about the fresh lemon and pasta together that's really addictive and comforting. Its a great accompaniment for any BBQ. Here it is... feel free to change it up and make it your own.
- I box of pasta (bow ties, spirals, cavatappi)
- 1 bag of baby arugula, about 2 cups
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil, about 2 tbsp
- parmesan, about 2 tbsp. for garnish
- salt & pepper
- OPTIONS: 1 cup of baby peas (my favorite) or green beans
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions in salted water.
2. Drain pasta, stir in a swirl of olive oil and let cool. (Don't run under cold water, just let it cool)
3. To make the dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together the rind of the lemon (we use a microplane), the juice of the lemon (no pits!), the mustard, Worcestershire, salt & pepper. Add olive oil, whisking until completely combined. Taste for seasoning.
4. To assemble the salad, toss together the pasta, arugula and dressing. Mix in freshly grated parmesan and add some to the top for garnish.
Let us know how you make yours!
xo & a pinch